SAMHSA has released Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools which will help schools and their partners:
- Assess their ability to prevent suicide among students and respond to suicides that may occur.
- Understand strategies that can help students who are at risk for suicide.
- Understand how to respond to the suicide of a student or other member of the school community.
- Identify suicide prevention programs and activities that are effective for the needs of individual schools.
- Respond to the needs and cultures of each school's students.