Who Benefits from Logic Models?
Logic models help planners and stakeholders:
- Develop an understanding or consensus about the program or process and what is expected.
- Monitor progress so successes can be replicated and mistakes can be avoided.
- Identify appropriate evaluation questions and relevant data that are needed.
- Expose assumptions, making planners more deliberate about actions.
- Prevent over-promising: By making goals explicit, both the limitations, and the potential, of a program or process are easier to see.
Logic models also benefit community partnerships, by:
- Providing a framework for discussing and articulating opportunities for collaboration.
- Helping to facilitate conversation.
- Highlighting the contributions of each partner and the value of these contributions.
- Keeping outcomes front and center.
- Providing a way to communicate about the community partnership to others.
« Previous Section | Next Section »