- Toomey, T. and Wagenaar, A. (1999). Policy options for prevention: The case of alcohol. Journal of Public Health Policy, 20(2), 193–212.
- Chaloupka, F. J. and Grossman, M. (1996). Price, tobacco control policies, and youth smoking. Unpublished Working Paper No. 5740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, MA; and Edwards, G., Anderson, P., Babor, T. F., Casswell, S., Ferrence, R., Giesbrecht, N., Godfrey, C., Holder, H. D., Lemmens, P., Makela, K., Midanik, L. T., Norstrom, T., Osterberg, E., Romelsjo, A., Room, R., Simpura, J., and Skob, O. (1994). Alcohol policy and public good. New York: Oxford University Press.
- O’Malley, P. M., and Wagenaar, A. C. (1991). Effects of minimum drinking age laws on alcohol use related behaviors and traffic crash involvement among American youth: 1976–1987. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 52, 478–491; and Wagenaar, A. C. (1993). Minimum drinking age and alcohol availability to youth: Issues and research needs. In M.E. Hilton and G. Bloss (Eds.), Economics and the prevention of alcohol-related problems: Proceedings of a workshop on economic and socioeconomic issues in the prevention of alcohol-related problems, October 10–11, 1991 (NIAAA Research Monograph No. 25, pp. 17–200). Rockville, MD: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
- Neigron, D., Canela, J., and Aguirre-Molina, M. (1997). Giving communities a voice in alcohol sales: The Association for Responsible Alcohol Control. In D. Jernigan and P.A. Wright (Eds.), Making news, changing policy: Case studies of media advocacy on alcohol and tobacco issues. Rockville, MD: Center for Substance Abuse Prevention.
- Preusser, D. F., Ulmer, R. G., and Preusser, C. W. (1992). Obstacles to enforcement of youthful (under 21) impaired driving. Washington, DC: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Shaw, R. A., Rosati, M. J., Salzman, P., Coles, C. R., and McGeary, C. (1997). Effects on adolescent ATOD behaviors and attitudes of a 5-year community partnership. Evaluation and Program Planning, 20(3), 307–313.
- Gregory, D. (1997). Triumph over billboards. San Rafael, CA: Marin Institute.
- Grube, J. W. and Wallack, L. (1994). Television beer advertising and drinking knowledge, beliefs, and intentions among school children. American Journal of Public Health, 84(2), 254–259.