SAMHSA's CAPT provides state-of-the-science training and technical assistance to states and communities supported under SAMHSA's Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant program, and to SAMHSA's discretionary Programs of Regional and National Significance. To strengthen the prevention systems of S/T/Js, the CAPT may also provide training and technical assistance services to local communities at the request and involvement of the grantee.
Grant programs and initiatives include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Strategic Prevention Framework State/Tribal Incentive Grant program grantees
- Partnerships for Success grant programs
- Epidemiological workgroups in states, tribes, and jurisdictions
- SAMHSA/CSAP Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant
- The Service to Science Initiative to help locally developed, innovative programs better demonstrate and document evidence of effectiveness